The bronze flanged bushing is a type of bearing that has a cylindrical inner surface on one end and a flange on the other. The inner surface is normally constructed of a strong, low-friction material like steel or copper, whereas the flange is typically made of bronze material. The bushing is used frequently in situations where low friction, high load capacity, and corrosion resistance are crucial. It is meant to support and guide the movement of a rotating shaft or other mechanical components.
Metric flanged graphite bearings. Graphite used as a surface lubricant: 25–30%. High-strength copper and zinc alloys with trace amounts of additional metal added to improve their quality are known as brass and CuZn25Al5Mn4Fe3 bronze.
Bearings & Bushings in Bronze Sintered Bronze Bearings, C93200 Standard Stocked Sleeve Bearings, and Custom Made to Order Plain Bearings are all options for our bronze bushings. The bearings’ main function is to shield the moving parts from shock loads and wear. Unlike a roller bearing, these bearings don’t contain any rolling components.
You may buy bronze bushings online at sleeve bearing. Online shopping is available today with shipping. Our stock of cast and sintered oil-impregnated bronze bushings are among the largest in the world.
Some other forms of bronze bushings include:
- Sintered bronze bushings: These bushings are made by compacting and sintering powdered bronze material into a solid, self-lubricating bearing.
- Cast bronze bushings: These bushings are made by pouring molten bronze into a mold and allowing it to cool and solidify into the desired shape.
- Wrapped bronze bushings: These bushings consist of a bronze outer layer that is wrapped around a core material, typically a low-friction material such as PTFE.
- Flanged bronze bushings: These bushings have a flange on one end, similar to a flanged bushing, but may have a different inner surface material or design.
- Bronze-lined bushings: These bushings have a bronze lining on the inner surface, which provides enhanced corrosion resistance and wear resistance.
- Split bronze bushings: These bushings can be split along their length, allowing them to be installed or removed without disassembling the surrounding machinery.
Bronze bushings’ low friction characteristics, high load capacity, and resistance to corrosion are advantages. Due to its relative softness and ductility, bronze can easily adapt to the contour of the shaft or component it is supporting, hence minimizing wear and friction. Bronze can tolerate huge weights and frequent use without failing or wearing out because of its strong wear resistance. Finally, bronze can be used in moist or corrosive situations due to its strong corrosion resistance.
Bronze flange bushings are typically available in metric sizes ranging from 6mm to 120mm in diameter, with length-to-diameter ratios ranging from 1:1 to 4:1. The exact size and dimensions of a bronze bushing will vary depending on the application and the requirements of the machinery or equipment in which it is used. To ensure proper fit and function, it is critical to select the correct size and dimensions of a bronze bushing.
If you need a bronze bushing in a specific size or shape, you can contact us, We specialize in creating custom bearing solutions. we can provide you with a price quote as well as a production schedule for your custom bushing. You can also make your own custom bushings through the use of machining or bronze casting. This, however, may require specialized tools and knowledge, and it may not be feasible for a small-scale or one-time production.